Saturday, November 17, 2018

November 16, 2018: IMPORTED DELICIOUSNESS


I found Mountain Dew and Rice Krispies Treats. 
I can't remember a time I was this happy.

A list of foods I miss (in order based on volume of joyful tears I would shed if I found them here): 
  York peppermint patties
Kistlercrest Farm apples and syrup
cottage cheese
Velveeta shells and cheese
Munchies (I saw them here once but they were like $8 for the bag).
 Pirates Booty
sugar snap peas
Stella Artois
 Hormel chili with no beans
Squirt
string cheese
Pilsbury crescent rolls

Egypt has GREAT food, and I'm so blessed to have amazing chefs working at the school and easy access to groceries.  So in no way is this a post complaining about the food situation here.  I am blessed.  In some ways food is easier here than it was for me in Kodiak.  But it doesn't mean I wouldn't cry if I saw a tub of cottage cheese in the grocery store.

3 comments:

  1. We do have cottage cheese and sugar snap peas btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHERE???????????? I have been craving cottage cheese for weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't check the "notify me" box ... Anyway, it's everywhere we called "areesh"

    ReplyDelete