Saturday, November 17, 2018

November 11, 2018: personal goals

Personal goal #1: Stop being such a slob.  Living alone is fantastic, but I have no accountability for how tidy I am (or am not).  Nobody comes into my apartment.   My apartment isn't the greatest place for hosting.  You have to climb 4 flights of stairs to get there, it's a bit small, and the inhabitant doesn't cook for anyone.  Plus we have great spaces on campus to hang out (rooftops and poolsides!).  My cleaner comes every Monday, so usually Sunday night I am scrambling around trying to pick up so she doesn't see how messy I can get.  I recently asked Hab (our amazing knows how to do everything on campus guy) if he could get some prints framed for me.  They were finished and he brought them up to my apartment while I was at school.  I was embarrassed knowing he came in and saw a complete disaster.  There was a bra laying on the floor next to my couch!  I'll set goals to change, but let's be honest, it's probably not going to happen.  Although about 6 months ago I started making my bed for the first time in my life, so complete neatness isn't totally off the table!

Let's also clarify- I'm messy.  But not dirty.  The apartment is CLEAN, just not neat.  Don't go judging me too harshly.

No comments:

Post a Comment