Saturday, November 3, 2018

October 24, 2018: stay protected


Danielle has been helping me stay in shape this year.  When I'm sick of running laps, she leads us through a HIIT workout.. which h as been kicking my butt.  Tonight we ended the workout by walking a few laps around the field.  As the first sign of dusk, the field is overrun by bats.  Most everyone knows by now that I'm terrified of birds.  Chickens and pigeons are the worst, but bats, while I understand are not birds, are a close third.  I remember going for walks with my mom and Aunt Nancy as a kid and hearing stories from them about bats swooping down and getting stuck in ladies' hair.  (thanks a lot, mom).  I've never recovered.  I have found that if I walk at an extremely brisk pace and wear my backpack over my head, I can usually make it a few laps before my body is too exhausted from tensing and clenching every muscle I have. 

1 comment: