Saturday, November 3, 2018

October 28, 2018: A case of the Sundays


I still haven't gotten used to our work week being from Sunday to Thursday.  Friday is the holy day here, so our weekend is Friday and Saturday.  Just when I think I've become accustomed to it, I'll make a mistake and tell the kids that our celebration is on Friday or that I'm excited to see them Monday when they come back to school after the weekend.  First graders are always looking for a way to tell their teacher that they have made a mistake, so I am fully aware of how many times a week I still misspeak.    Even when I think I've got the whole Sunday/Thursday thing figured out, I still have no idea how to feel about the days in the middle.  When the heck is hump day again??  How am I supposed to be feeling about the new position of Wednesday? Adding to the confusion, our school is on a 6 day rotation, meaning that not every Monday or every Thursday is ever the same schedule.  This week, Sunday might have a day 1 schedule and the kids will go to their day 1 specials at the day 1 times, but next week, Sunday will be a day 6 with a whole new schedule.  As much as I thought I would hate it, I actually love the idea of a 6 day rotation, I've just given up on ever knowing what day of the week it is and where my students are supposed to be.  I do know that day 4 is our sweet spot of the rotation, so whenever it happens to fall is be the best day of that week!

No comments:

Post a Comment