Saturday, November 3, 2018

October 29, 2018: Get well.

During independent writing time, my students have a few different options.  They can write stories, make booklets, write comics, make lists, or write cards.  I have a tub full of blank cards.  Today, I found a get well card in one of my student's cubbies.  He had written it to another student in a different grade.  This is a picture of the inside.  I take mean words very seriously in my class, but I was glad I found this card while the kids were at recess.   He could have chosen numerous cards with blank fronts but he decided to go with a get well card.  It's like he's telling the kid that he hopes he can be cured of his stupidity.  Don't worry, there were consequences for the meanness, but I'm glad I had the room to myself so I could chuckle in private.

No comments:

Post a Comment