Saturday, November 3, 2018

October 31, 2018: Happy real Halloween


Tonight is real Halloween.  Egyptians don't celebrate Halloween as a country (which is why we make such a big deal of it on campus during our fall festival).  There are 5 little kiddos that belong to the teachers here, so they came around to our apartments and trick or treated.  A couple teachers were hosting a Halloween party for the teachers after the trick or treating.  I accidentally threw away my Gerald mask earlier in the week, so luckily I had this flamingo costume I brought from the states.  I was in such a terrible mood today that as soon as I put it on, I burst into tears.  I don't pretend to understand my emotions.  I know full well they make no sense, and when I try to rationalize them, they just get more intense.  I have no clue why I was so upset and cranky, but putting on this stupid costume intensified it for some reason.  I understood in that moment I wouldn't be heading to the Halloween party (I'm fairly certain depressed flamingos aren't too fun to be around) but I'd keep it on for when the kids came.  I had a phone date scheduled with a good friend and sent her this picture, warning her of how grumpy I was and that she better be ready for it.  :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment