Friday, November 16, 2018

November 5, 2018: McDonalds!!


I ate Mcdonalds once or twice a week in Kodiak. This was the first time I have had it here (even though I can get it delivered right to school).  Be proud of me.  I'm a creature of habit and always order a double cheeseburger with only cheese and extra pickles.  But here, I couldn't find double cheeseburgers on the menu, so I went with a number 5 (since I know how to say 5 in Arabic... just in case).  I think it was a quarter pounder.  I also know "no" in Arabic so I was prepared to try to specify no mustard.  Turns out my server knew a decent amount of English, so I got pretty close to what I wanted.  After I finished eating, I went to my small group.  Many of the women in the group know Arabic, so they taught me how to say "without mustard and onions" just in case I need it in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment