Saturday, November 17, 2018

November 14, 2018: falcon pride




It's a long story, and I'm still not quite sure of all the details, but somehow we had a falcon (or eagle) at school that needed to be released into the "wild."  There was also a trained eagle (or falcon) on campus too.   So our kids got to watch the falcon/eagle be released.  It was quite cool.  Then we watched a bird handler work with the other bird (I think the eagle).  This was also cool because it was from a distance.  There was a time when the handler was walking through the crowd of students with the bird on his arm and he got close enough to kids that the bird's tail feathers was touching students' heads and I was close to running away at that point, but I stayed brave for the kids.  From a safe distance we watched this eagle (I think) fly to and from the handler's arm.  Some teachers even held it on their own arm, but I of course was having none of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment