Saturday, November 5, 2016

October 26, 2016: Awana Store

I have been volunteering at Awana every Wednesday evening.  For anyone who doesn't know what Awana is, it's a youth ministry organization.  The kids come and sing songs, memorize verses, have a Bible lesson, and play games.  I'm working with a group of fifth grade girls this year.  I love them.  I adore my first graders, but it's really nice to work with girls who are a bit more self sufficient!  Throughout the weeks at Awana, you can earn bucks for memorizing verses, dressing up according to the theme, or bringing friends.  Tonight was the first Awana store.  I found this bag of glow in the dark baby cherubs.  Come on, that's amazing!!

I did think it was sweet when my girls pulled me to the side and made me close my eyes.  They placed this little plaque in my hands that said "Love" on it.  They had pooled their money and bought it for me as a thank you for being their leader.  So thoughtful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment