Tuesday, November 29, 2016

November 15, 2016: Home

When I got back from California, I came home to this box of amazingness.  Kistlercrest Honeycrisp apples.  This was going to be the first year since we began growing apples that I wasn't going to be able to eat one.  One of the things I miss the most being in Kodiak is visiting my parents' farm in the fall time.  I miss the brisk walks at the State Park, I miss camping with my friends, I miss apple picking and the way the garage smells when it's full of apple boxes.  I miss spooning on the couch with Jesse, random runs with Sydney, and there's even a small part of me that misses screaming at Sadie after she rolls in something nasty out in the orchard .  I miss mom's pasta bake, dad's malts, and grandma's apple bars.   If I can't be there, this was the next best thing.  Thanks, mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment