Saturday, November 5, 2016

October 22, 2016: Ohio run

Today's run was beautiful.  Em and Derek let me know about this beautiful park close to their house.  While we waited for some more friends to arrive for the weekend, I went for my 9 mile run.  I love Kodiak, but the fall here is nothing compared fall in the midwest!  I finally had to force myself to stop taking pictures, because I was never going to finish the run before our friends got there.  The beauty was a good reminder of God's goodness.  I spent a lot of the run praying for my dear friends who are hurting.  I don't know why God chooses to act and heal in some situations, and in other times He does not.  I know He is bigger than I can imagine, and that He is always good, no matter the circumstances.   I also know it breaks my heart seeing those I love hurt so deeply.   I like fixing things, and it's tough knowing that sometimes all I can do is pray.  But it's a great reminder that I can't be the fixer, and the best thing I can do is pray. 



1 comment:

  1. The tree tunnel at Sugarcreek Reserve! Did you see the two sisters? There used to be three sisters, but one is no longer there.

    ReplyDelete