Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November 19, 2016: Woody Island

I joined some of my friends from church this weekend on a retreat to Woody Island.  This was good for my heart.  The first night we were here, people shared testimonies and stories of what God was teaching them.  It was a good reminder to me that God is so big and loves us so deeply, that He meets us exactly where we are.  I was really encouraged, remembering that sometimes God pushes us to do huge, scary, grandiose things, and sometimes God reminds us that it's ok that we need Him just to be able to get out of bed in the morning.  He's in the big and the small.  He's there when we're terrified and when we're overjoyed.  I needed these reminders this weekend.   He is more than enough, and for that, I praise Him.

That alone was worth the trip here, but there also happened to be this net deep in the woods that was suspended two stories high in the trees.  Like one, gigantic hammock.  We hiked out to it, and I took a 2 hour nap in my sleeping bag, swaying in the treetops while listening to the ocean crash on the nearby shore.

AHHH-Mazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment