Saturday, November 5, 2016

October 18, 2016: scripture memorization


My friend Joel and I are working on memorizing scripture verses.  I have always been terrible at memorization, so I just stopped trying to do it.  Recently we decided we needed to challenge one another and hold each other accountable.  I am loving it.  I'm still terrible, but I am learning that the more I practice, the easier it gets.  No more excuses.  I love this verse too.  I have a tendency to develop a one track mind during the school year.  I focus on school and school alone.  I forget that my purpose is not JUST to love and challenge my students, but to live every moment for the Lord.  I love the part of this passage about making the best use of time.  I've been praying a lot over the last month about my perspective, and asking God to change the way I see things so they match what He sees.   I want to make sure that every interaction I have with friends, coworkers, family, and strangers is fruitful in some way.  



No comments:

Post a Comment