Thursday, January 12, 2017

January 7, 2017: New Years Resolutions

In class this past week, we talked about New Year's resolutions.  One day we shared different things we hoped to learn in the next year.  The next day, we shared bad habits we would like to break.  We went around the circle on the carpet, and I was impressed at how reflective and honest the kids were.  Lots of students wanted to work on being nicer to their siblings or listening more in class.  One kid shared that he really wanted to stop picking his nose because it was giving him bloody noses so frequently.  Another kid admitted that he brushes his teeth with only water, so he was going to try to start using toothpaste.  I shared that I was going to try to eat less McDonalds.  There is another teacher in my room at this time, and she shared that she was going to try to stop eating cheese and crackers so late in the evening. 

Well, a few days later and here I am with my favorite McDonald's meal in hand.  I texted this picture to my coworker to confess how awful I am at resolutions.  She texted back and told me she couldn't judge me because she ate cheese and crackers after her kids went to bed the night before.  At least we both brush our teeth with toothpaste, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment