Sunday, January 22, 2017

January 19, 2017: even worse than splotchy skin...

During library today, I was reading this book with one of my students.  It's called If you had Animal Ears and it shows you various animals that have unique ears.  It then shows you how your life might be different if you had those ears.  (For those of you with kids, if you haven't seen these books, they are really great!  There are a few in the series, including If you had Animal Feet, If you had Animal Teeth, and If you had Animal Hair.  My students and I love them all.  Anyways, I came across this page, and it describes how life would be different if you had Tasmanian Devil ears.  Apparently their ears change color when they experience heightened emotions like anxiety, stress, or excitement.  I had to show this picture to Jesse, because we both have ridiculous skin that gives away anytime we feel the same way.  We can't hide if we are upset, embarrassed, nervous, excited, or moody in any way.  The skin turns blotchy and red. We must be part Tasmanian. 

No comments:

Post a Comment