Sunday, January 1, 2017

December 30, 2016: It begins

I went into the classroom today to attempt productivity before the kiddos return.  Before leaving for break, I made this giant to-do list on my board.  It doesn't look like much, but some of those tasks took hours for me to complete.   By the end of the day, I had spent 5 hours in the classroom and had accomplished things that I have been wanting to get done since the beginning of LAST SCHOOL YEAR!  My favorite, and most daunting task on the list was "Attack closet and try not to die."  Ladies and gentlemen... I cleaned out and sorted through MY ENTIRE school closet.  I sorted through piles and bins full of random things.  I found a world map made of cloth, a huge stuffed penguin, mountains of stickers, and a box of library pockets!  I also found too many curriculum books from the 80s, stashes of student files from 6 years ago, more flashcards than I could count, and some really weird fabric.  You win some and lose some.  I now have a fully loaded shoe organizer hanging from the closet door full of sticky notes, metal rings, velcro, duct tape, markers, command strips, and stamp pads. 

My life is organized.  I don't have plans ready for Tuesday, but my life is organized.  It feels so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment