Thursday, January 12, 2017

January 11, 2017: Just another Wednesday

This Wednesday was actually pretty amazing.

First, I had Awana.  I had a new 6th grader show up, last week and she is pretty new to Christianity.  We got along really well last week, and I was happy to see she came back this week.  She isn't technically supposed to be in my group, but because she and I bonded a little bit, we decided not to tell anyone else that she was a 6th grader and not a 5th grader.  :)  This week, we had really, really great conversations about the depth of our sin and who Jesus is.  I forget how much I enjoy middle school kids sometimes.

Secondly, I met Buskin tonight!!  Buskin is Jolene's new puppy.  We have been eagerly awaiting his arrival on the island.  Look how precious he is!

Lastly, tonight some friends came over and we took turns reading aloud The Twits by Roald Dahl.  The fact that 5 of my friends are willing (and eager?) to come over to read a children's chapter book together makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment