Sunday, January 22, 2017

January 17, 2017: Winter runs

I used Christmas money to get myself an apple watch, and I used the workout app for the first time today on my run.  It has a GPS right in the watch, so it calculates your total milage, your total time, your time per mile, and your heart rate.  I was really excited about this, until I saw how hard my body was working and how incredibly slow I was going.  At the end of my run, I felt like I had gone 5 miles, but it had only been 2.74, and my average pace was 13 minute miles.  I know it was hilly, and I know I haven't run many times since my half marathon in November, but that was not easy to see :)   I got over it pretty quickly though, because we all know I'm one of the least competitive people in the world, and I was just thankful that I got to run through pretty snow and be outside in the brisk, fresh air.

1 comment: