Saturday, September 15, 2018

September 7, 2018: Corniche Run

I went for my first run outside of campus today!!!!!!  I have to wait to run early on Friday mornings.  Friday is the holy day, so most people are at mosques which leaves the streets relatively clear.  My friend and I left school around 7:30 am and ran for about 2.5 miles along the corniche.  It was wonderful.  It was still hot and humid, and I have to wear long pants on my run, so I was sweating in enormous amounts, but to be able to run in a straight line for more than 35 seconds made all the perspiration worth it.  It's an added blessing that there happens to be a Starbucks at the end of the route, so getting an iced coffee and breakfast afterward makes a delightful morning.

This picture is of Stanley Bridge, about a mile and a half from school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment