Friday, September 7, 2018

August 7, 2018: The classroom




I got to spend the majority of the day today in my classroom.  I sorted through the cupboards and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had acquired the dream inherited classroom- the books were already leveled and there was a perfect amount of "stuff" left behind.  Not too much junk to sort through, and not so bare I had to start from scratch.  Just right!  Within a few hours I had sorted everything and was able to start with organizing and decorating.  I spent a good few hours pining away for the laminator I had to leave behind (it was almost as hard to say goodbye to the laminator as it was my friends.  That laminator and I have been through 4 long years together).  One of my goals this year is to be happy with less.  (My other goal is to amp up the fun and flexibility).  I made the conscious decision to stop whining about my lack of personal laminator.  And I found this little guy!  SO CUTE!  I've never had a "class pet" that the kids can take home and write about, but have seen other teachers do it.  I am most definitely adopting this dude as our class mascot.  I can't wait to hear what the kiddos decide to name him!

2 comments:

  1. Have they decided on a name yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They named him Masry. It means "Egyptian" in Arabic. :) I thought for sure they would name him Mohamed Salah (the most well loved soccer player from Egypt) but they surprised me!

    ReplyDelete