Wednesday, September 19, 2018

September 14, 2018: A parade of their own

I spent quite a bit of time today exploring the city.   I went on a run on the corniche again, and then my friend Kate and I took a cab to a new neighborhood and walked the streets for the afternoon.  We found great shops, green city squares, decorated alleyways, and happened to see an impromptu "parade." We were walking down the street when we heard a loud ruckus coming toward us.  Honking, whooping, loud music, cheering.  We assumed there must be a wedding procession coming down the road.  We saw multiple motorcycles and trucks PILED high with men.  Loud, excited men.  They had no signs sharing who they were or what they were celebrating, but they were happy about something. When they saw us, they shouted and waved and I was tempted to hop on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment