Wednesday, September 12, 2018

August 29, 2018: RAIN!



It rained last night for the first time since I have been here.  I hear it only rains a couple of times a year, but when it does, the rain can do quite a bit of damage.  Our court had a nice little puddle on the sides of it.  (I tried to capture the raindrops on top of the cars, but you can't really see them).  Unfortunately, the rain came in the middle of the night and I didn't get to witness it happening.  You'd think that after three years of Kodiak downpours and drizzles, I would be sick of precipitation.  That's just not the case.  I'm eager to feel Egyptian rain!  A few different times I have looked out the window and been sure I saw a mist of rain, only to find out it was actually heat rising from the pavement.  Not the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment