Saturday, September 15, 2018

September 5, 2018: wine tasting


My coworker Bob organized a wine tasting for us by the pool.  We got to sample 12 different Egyptian wines.   TWELVE.  And as you can see, our "samples" were not small tastes.  He prepared a rubric for us so we could take notes on the color, smell, and taste of each wine.  Needless to say my notes on the first few wines were thoughtful, detailed, and written in nice handwriting.  By about wine #8, I found that I had scrawled notes like "I ate this with tacos, so it was AWESOME" only to be crossed out and "JK this turned gross" written over it.  I also have notes that say, "das ok," "meh, I think it's good" and "ok, ok, ok then WOOO" written on my rubric.   I am extremely fancy and cultured, can obviously hold my wine very well, and if this teaching thing doesn't work out, I'll probably become a sommelier.

No comments:

Post a Comment