Friday, September 7, 2018

August 20, 2018: Desert Camel


Contrary to "popular belief", people aren't over here riding camels to work ;)  This is the first one I had seen since moving here.  He was huge and a little grumpy.  When the guy asked us if we would like to ride him, I contemplated it before seeing the large, foamy mess around his mouth.  The man invited us to simply pet him, and that seemed ok.  As soon as we touched his neck, he made this throaty grunt noise, and that was enough for me.  One of my life goals since 8th grade has been to ride a camel in the desert, but today was not the day to bring that dream to life.  I can only hope that other camels are less off putting.  After we walked away from this camel though, we learned that my friend's son Issa rode this same camel.  Issa's almost two.  And the man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment