Wednesday, September 12, 2018

August 30, 2018: open air


Sometimes I walk around campus and feel like I am on the set of a 90s high school romcom. I used to watch She's All That or Clueless and the kids' lockers are all OUTSIDE.  There are courtyards and outside hallways and kids eat lunch on a lawn.  Growing up in Michigan, I thought these schools were completely made up.  Then I found out they existed.  In California.  And Egypt!  Our school is a (much much smaller) version of some of those super cool high schools in the movies.  And our apartment buildings even have great open air spaces.  This is the hallway where some of the teachers live.  The ceiling is completely open.  This might not be a novel idea to most of you, but please remember I spent my entire life living in Michigan, Chicago, and Alaska.  This is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment