Friday, September 7, 2018

August 19, 2018: Welcome to resort life


I am not a resort kind of gal.  When I go on vacation, I want to be active, explore, get dirty, push myself, try something new.  This week is Eid, and we are all off for a full week during the celebration.  I didn't try to plan a vacation before I came here because I was overwhelmed enough with figuring out the logistics of moving to a new country that I couldn't be bothered with trying to plan a vacation within my first two weeks of being there.

 A few of my coworkers were in the same boat, so we all made a very last minute decision to hop on a plane and fly to Sharm el Sheikh for a few days.  It's a resort town on the Red Sea.  We splurged on an all inclusive resort, because we didn't want to figure out little details like transportation and food.  I felt really silly going into this, knowing that this would be by far the fanciest thing I have ever done.

I loved it.  Relaxation at its finest!  I won't give up my adventure vacations, but throwing in a resort weekend here and there sounds like it could be in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment