Monday, June 19, 2017

May 9, 2017: My first rock!



 Kodiak has a rock hiding group.  It's fairly new, but it has grown tremendously and become extremely popular in the month or so since it has started.  People from around the community paint rocks and hide them along various trails or near places in town.  When you find a rock, you can keep it or rehide it somewhere else, but you have to take a picture of the rock and post it to the group's facebook page.  There are people who post pictures of 4-5 rocks that they find on a single hike.  I go on a run or hike almost every single day.  I have found zero rocks.  I am the least observant person in the universe.  I already knew this, but my inability to find rocks makes this the first time I really cared that I was terrible at paying attention to my surroundings.  Today I went for a quick walk out to Boyscout beach and found TWO rocks along the way!  You can't tell from my picture that I was very excited, can you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment