Sunday, June 4, 2017

April 26, 2017: School Pic

We have been working our way through ABC Countdown over the last couple of weeks.  For the last 26 days of school, each day is given a letter of the alphabet and themed according to that letter.  We start with A and work our way down until the we get to the last day of school, which is Z- Zoom on Outta Here.  I did this at my last school and introduced it to Peterson last year.  The kids LOVE it, and it gives us a lot of ways to incorporate math, science, or reading in fun, creative ways.  It has opened up times for all of the first grade classes to plan social events and for the kids to celebrate the hard work they did this year.  Some of my favorite days are A-Airplane flying competitions, D-Dodgeball Day (May have accidentally clocked a few kids in the face that day), E-Engineering Day, H- High and Low Tides Day, N-New Name Day (Can't wait to see what the kids want me to call them that day.  I'm going to make them call me "Your Majesty" all day long), S-Silly Science, and W-Wacky competitions (Get ready for Minute to Win it!) just to name a few.

Tomorrow is F-Friendship Day and we are making makeshift yearbooks for the kids.  Each page has one friend's picture and then a large space below where that friend can write a message to you.  The only picture I took today was one of myself for this book.  Here I am in all of my teaching glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment