Wednesday, June 21, 2017

May 21, 2017: North Sister

North Sister is my favorite mountain hike.  She is a beast- not as high as Pyramid or Barometer, but still really, really steep.  The views all the way up are stunning, because she overlooks Monashka Bay.  And every time I have climbed North Sister, I have seen mountain goats.  I was itching to get out and hike to the top today, since I haven't been there yet this year.  Today was a gorgeous day, so I just went by myself.  I didn't see any goats today, but I ran into a few eagles at the top.  The peak is really small, and one eagle had claimed the top for himself, so I didn't get to stay very long.  I did get to experiment with the timer on my apple watch though.  You can set your phone up and then take the picture from your watch so you don't have to run to get into the photo.  Which is great for me because I am clumsy and the chances of me falling off the mountain while trying to run into the camera view are pretty high.  I mean, I came close to plummeting off the side of the mountain while trying to achieve this epic shot.   This white girl cannot jump, so I am amazed I got this far off the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment