Tuesday, June 27, 2017

June 14, 2017: Pyramid, take 2

Last summer I took my family up Pyramid for the first time.  It was a great hike, and it was supposed to be sunny that day, but the fog rolled in and it was hard to see much from the mountain top.  I have heard that the view on top of Pyramid is pretty incredible, so I was bummed that I didn't get to see it when we went.  I knew I'd need to go up again sometime this summer to see it.  Kinsey hasn't been to the top either, and today's weather looked like it was going to be sunny and clear, so we planned a quick hike before I left for Dig Afognak this afternoon.  We drove out to the mountain and saw that there was a good deal of fog surrounding the peak, but we were hopeful that by the time we got to the top, it would have cleared.  The weather was calling for sunny skies.  So we started the hike.  It never cleared.  This was our view from the top.  It was actually so foggy that we lost part of the trail and couldn't see where we were going.  For a few minutes I was afraid that we were going to be so lost that I would miss my boat over to Afognak.  Luckily we just wandered for a while and eventually stumbled across the trail again.  So 2 for 2 hikes up Pyramid without seeing the view!


No comments:

Post a Comment