Tuesday, June 27, 2017

June 13, 2017: Puffin Pride

I took Heather out on the kayak today for the first time!  We went around Near Island and saw a bunch of puffins.  I have seen them a few times, but this was the closest I have been to them yet.  I failed to get a good picture when they were flying over us, so this was the best I could do, but know that they were actually a lot closer!  Peterson Elementary's mascot is a puffin.  The winning team for field day gets to keep the school spirit stick in the classroom.  The stick has a big puffin on top of it.  It was in Heather's room all year because the teacher who had one it the previous year transferred and Heather took over her room, so she inherited the stick.  And kind of hated having it in there.  So I am fully convinced the puffins today sought us out specifically because Heather had Peterson Puffin spirit stick mojo or something.  


No comments:

Post a Comment