Sunday, June 4, 2017

April 27, 2017: Friendship Day

Today was F- Friendship Day, so we worked on our makeshift yearbooks.  I was so proud of my kids.  They have not been this motivated to write in a LONG time.  They sat and wrote sweet messages to one another for over an hour!  I gave them the option to take a break after about 20 minutes, and they all wanted to keep going.  They are an incredibly sweet group of kids, and their messages to one another were perfect.  I loved the messages I got from them as well.  My favorites have to be one kid who wrote "You're the best teacher in the world," and then another kid wrote on the next page, "You're the best teacher in Alaska."  Apparently he had a better teacher in the lower 48 somewhere :)  I also died laughing when I saw this message from a kid: 

If you can't really read it, it says "Stay cool" right above the boat.  I swear all the kids were writing this in my high school year book 15 years ago!  I think I have done a pretty stellar job at staying cool all these years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment