Friday, February 8, 2019

January 19, 2019: Ritz-like


A part of being overseas that has been (not surprisingly) difficult for me is the amount of anxiety I experience when people want to hold potlucks.

I moved to this school in Egypt for many reasons, but one of those reasons is so I would never have to cook.  Ever.

I disliked making potluck food in the states too (which is why I ALWAYS signed up to bring the paper plates or the cans of soda) but at least there I had a pinterest board filled with ideas in case I didn´t make it to the sign up in time to bring one of my go-to items.  Here, however, I have to have 55 plan Bs because I have no idea how to find the substitutes for the things we can´t find here.  And I clearly do not have enough cooking creativity to be spontaneous. 

Today I got a text from Danielle asking me if I could look for ¨Ritz-like crackers" for her.  BOOM.  This one turned out to be easy enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment