Tuesday, October 9, 2018

September 26, 2018: Run with a view


There are quite a few things I appreciate about Alexandria, but the workout situation is NOT one of them.  I usually love running and working out, but here I have come to dread it.  The heat makes it almost unbearable to run unless it's dark outside.  Today I needed to get my run in right after school, so I used the treadmill in the workout room for the first time.  It's hot and stuffy in the workout room, so it's not much better than running outside.  And the view is terrible.  I forgot to bring my headphones, so I just stared at this man doing his laundry on his balcony for nearly 40 minutes.  For about 10 of those minutes, he went inside to do something else, and I nearly died of boredom.

I try very hard not to complain.  But this running thing is the WORST!  I want to sign up for the half marathon here in November, but the thought of running miles and miles in loops or on a treadmill is enough for me to give up working out altogether. 

Not really.  I'll still do it.  If anyone has really stellar podcast recommendations, let me know.  I currently listen to This American Life, the Moth, Criminal, In the Dark, and Radiolab.  I might need something more long term story based to really hook me for these long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment