Friday, October 26, 2018

October 15, 2018: tuk-tuk classiness


I passed this tuk tuk on the way home today and it was DECKED OUT!  A lot of the tuk tuks in the neighborhood are decorated with things hanging from the rearview mirror or windows.  Lots of them have something painted on the side or play interesting music (very, very loudly).  I think it's a way to draw attention to their tuk tuk and get your business.  This tuk tuk was unlike anything I had seen yet.  As it drove past me, all I could do was stare at it with my mouth wide open.  Pink and taffeta and sparkly things were covering the front of it.  And hanging from the passenger side window was a gigantic stuffed doll.  Between the frills and the doll, I can't imagine the driver could see much from inside.  He waved from the driver seat, and I finally thought to take my camera out and snap a picture after he passed me.  This, unfortunately, caught his attention, and he did a quick U-turn in the middle of the street, pulled up next to me, and started honking at me.  Thankfully I was right near the school, so I just avoided eye contact and ran inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment