Saturday, October 13, 2018

October 5, 2018: Athens!


We had a four day weekend (Egyptian Armed Forces Day) so a couple of my friends and I went to Athens!  It is about an hour flight from Alexandria, and cost a little over $300 for the ticket.  Greece has been on my bucket list, and while I know that 4 days is not nearly enough time to see everything I want to see, it was enough to get a taste of Athens.  We arrived on Friday and spent 3 hours on a guided bike tour around the city.   I'm enjoying my time in Alexandria, but I have missed greenery and fresh air.  Riding a bike over cobbled, tree lined streets was exactly what I needed.  Our tour took us past many of the major sights and neighborhoods in Athens and gave us a good idea of where we would want to spend more time the following days.   This picture is of Zeus' temple. 

1 comment: