Friday, October 12, 2018

October 2, 2018: why aren't we all sleeping?


Tuesdays are spa/massage days with Danielle.  We've been trying to go around 6pm, but we forgot to make reservations until yesterday, so my only option was a 7:45pm massage time.  This meant I got done around 9:15pm.  The spa is located inside the mall, and while I knew that Egypt is a nocturnal culture, I was still shocked to see a full food court at 9pm!  The mall was full, and there were tons of little kids walking around with their parents.  I'm usually in bed shortly after 9:30, and I was definitely dragging by the time my massage was finished.  Seeing all these people out and about and being social so late in the evening of a school night (yep, I'm basically a grandma) just made me feel that much older.  I even ran into one of the teaching assistants from our school.  She looked really surprised to see me, and after greeting me, exclaimed, "I didn't think you were someone who would stay up this late!"  Apparently my old lady vibes are strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment