Saturday, October 13, 2018

October 10, 2018: Longest run yet!


There is a half marathon in Alex at the end of the month, and for a hot second, I considered signing up.  I've only run 4 miles since being here.  Speed is not my gift, but my body can usually handle jumping back into long distance running without training.  I aimed for 6 miles tonight, but stopped at 5 because the field where I was running was overrun with bats!!  As soon as it got dark, they all came out of nowhere.  There were 15-20 bats swooping over the field.  I ran my last mile just around the school buildings, eliminating the loop onto the field, but by that time I was so tired of running in circles, I decided to call it quits. My body can handle jumping into the longer distances, but my brain is having a bit more trouble!

This picture is one I took from the field (before the bats came), looking toward the middle school and the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment