Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 18, 2016: termination catastrophe

I nearly got us all lost at Termination Point today.  Termination Point is a loop trail with a beautiful look out on a peninsula part way through the loop. I ALWAYS take the outside trail going to the point.  It's a bit harder physically, but it's much easier to navigate.  I just take it to the point and double back on the same trail.  I have taken the inside loop before, but I always go with other people who know what they're doing, so I never really pay attention. 

So leading my family through this loop was a bit of a mistake. 

We got turned around part way through the loop.  At one point I think we started following a game trail because the path narrowed and we were nearly bushwacking through Devils Club, which is this horrid plant that has spines on its stem and leaves.  Poor Arthur got scratched in his face when he was on my back.  We backtracked a couple different times before we got on the right trail again, but by that time it was too late to make it to the point.  

I have a feeling my family may never want to come visit me again.  Or next year, they're going to schedule their visit for when I am back in school again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment