Monday, December 17, 2018

November 30, 2018: Crash and burn

Took a nice little spill on my run today.  Tore my pants, bruised both my knees, scraped both hands and one elbow.  The cement here does not give.  You should have seen how quickly I popped back up though.  Definitely not my first running related fall.  Definitely not my best either.  Which brings me to "Mandy's most awesome running wipe outs"

3.  In high school we were running before school.  I was wearing these ridiculously baggy sweatpants and I tripped over the bottoms of them.  I fell over and then rolled INTO the ditch on the side of the road.  It was super dark outside, and I remember my friend Heidi yelling to the rest of the group, "Stop guys, Mandy's in the ditch!"

2.  Once I fell while running along a pretty busy road in Chicago.  It was such a bad spill that I hit the ground and rolled hard across the sidewalk.  Two different cars stopped in the middle of traffic to yell out their windows, checking to see if I was ok.

3.  In Kodiak my friend Stephanie and I were running in a hot chocolate 5k.  This was winter, so the sidewalks were slick.  I stubbed my toe on some frozen ice chunks and went flying forward.  Tore both knees of my pants and was bleeding on my hands, knees, and elbows.  We were a few yards from the hospital and Steph asked if I needed to check myself in :)  We kept running, and she and I ended up getting first place for our age division.  Only in Kodiak can you wipe out mid-race and still win because you might have been the only two people in your age group.

You're going to have to try a little harder, Alexandria.

No comments:

Post a Comment