Sunday, December 16, 2018

November 21, 2018: Tis the Season!

A few days ago I bought my little Christmas tree and decorated it.  It took about 45 seconds considering I didn't bring many ornaments with me.  I was pleasantly surprised at how many people in Egypt celebrate Christmas.  It wasn't too hard to find a place that sold little plastic trees and ornaments. I got this one right down the street from my house.  The little shop couldn't find the box it came in, so they unsuccessfully tried shoving it into a different, smaller box which resulted in half the tree sticking out the top and the box busting open on my walk home, but it was all worth it.  It might still be 72 degrees, and all my Christmas sweaters are back in Michigan, but by golly, it's beginning to (feel) a (little) like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment