Sunday, December 16, 2018

November 19, 2018: Between the balls



My students are obsessed with Mohamed Salah.  We are studying position words in math, so I made this poster.  I got about a third of the way through it before I realized I was going to have to write "Mohamed Salah is between the balls."  Don't even care.  I contemplated placing the balls a little more tastefully so they didn't look as phallic, but there was clearly no fun in that.  I love first grade because kids don't get stuff like this yet.  A couple years ago my student teacher was doing a lesson about tidepools, and she was adding details from a text to a thinking chart.  She kept saying things like, "I already have crabs, so I don't need more," and "I don't want more crabs."  I was dying, which made her laugh, and pretty soon the both of us had lost it.  I heard one kid say to another, "Why are they laughing, crabs aren't even funny."   Most of the time, kiddo, you're absolutely right.  But sometimes crabs are hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment