Sunday, June 19, 2016

May 31, 2016: MOOSE!!

I really, really wanted to see a moose this week.  We don't have them in Kodiak, and I have wanted to see one in the wild for years.  Last summer, we caught a glimpse of one's butt on our way to Kodiak.  I didn't count that as a moose sighting.  On our first day in Homer we saw these two guys (well, gals I guess) grazing in the field.  Matchbox 20 was playing on the radio and we were mid jam when Jo spotted them.  I may have said a bad word out of excitement.  

Other trip highlights today: 
We saw a beautiful Russian Orthodox Church.  We tasted delicious beer at the Homer brewery.  We met our good friend Kathy's cousin and cousin's husband and stayed with them for the evening. It was a great first day on the mainland! 

No comments:

Post a Comment