Sunday, June 19, 2016

May 30, 2016: best place on the island...

Alanna and I took Jo for a hike along Termination Point.  This is my favorite view on the entire island.  The water is always so many different colors, and the mountains so lush and green. 

As we ended our hike, we walked into what must have been some bear spray.  I am guessing someone in the woods sprayed some and it drifted down to where we parked. I thought I was going to die.  I immediately began choking and dry heaving into the bushes.  I could barely see because tears were streaming out of my eyes.  Soon after, Jo had the same thing happen to her.  I now get it when the bear spray can tells you to make sure that the bear is downwind from you when you spray it.  I'm still not sure what you do if the bear is upwind from you when it charges you...  Dodge it then spray? Jump over it? Barrel roll under it?  Just die?   Thankfully, most bears aren't going to charge a person.  They leave you alone as long as you aren't threatening them.  But every once in a while you hear those stories about the aggressive ones who just won't leave someone alone.   

I haven't thought about this too much, I swear ;).  

Tonight, Jo and I jump on the ferry and head to the mainland!  

No comments:

Post a Comment