Friday, June 17, 2016

May 29, 2016: Jo meets her first sea star.

Haha! I love this.  Jo wasn't freaked out at all.  ;).   Today I got to show her a typical Sunday in Kodiak.  We went to church in the morning then headed to Abercrombie for a potluck with my friends.  We walked down to the water at low tide and hunted for tidepool creatures.  This was my first time tidepooling at Abercrombie and I was a little disappointed.  We didn't see much, but we did find a few sea stars and a ton of snails.  

After that, we headed to Old Woman for a hike with my family.  Arthur taught her about pushki, and showed off his hiking skills.  It was a gorgeous day to be outside.  

Jo had barely slept, so we stopped quick at crabfest, got some dinner, and headed home.  Just one more day to show her Kodiak before we head to the mainland for our vacation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment