Sunday, June 19, 2016

June 4, 2016: FlatTop the Mountain, not the grill

Today was Jo's last day in Alaska.  Before she flew out, we hiked to the top of FlatTop Mountain.  This hike was awesome!  We had to crawl on our hands and knees for the last 20 mins before reaching the top.  The view was spectacular, and from one side of the mountain you could see the entire city of Anchorage.  It is said that on clear days you can see all the way to Denali.  Unfortunately, it was a bit cloudy, so we didn't get to see the tallest mountain in Alaska.  That will hopefully be my next summer's trip (anyone want to join me?!) 

After the hike, we showered and headed to Moose's Tooth.  I have heard from nearly everyone in Kodiak that Moose's Tooth is the best restaurant in Anchorage, so I was really excited to try it.  Their pizza was just as good as everyone said it would be.  And we even ran into our glacier guide there too!  After we ate, I dropped Jo off at the airport and headed back to Homer.  The last time I left Jo, it was right before I moved to Kodiak.  Our final goodbyes that night consisted of us sobbing while we ate Taco Bell on my empty living room floor.  I am happy to say that when we said goodbye at the airport today, there were no tears.  We get to hang out again in a few short weeks when I head back to Chicago!  

No comments:

Post a Comment