Wednesday, May 11, 2016

May 7, 2016: hauling wood

Today was great!!  We chopped wood, hauled wood, and stacked wood all day long.  Some trees fell in the woods outside the cabin a while back, so we came up to Chiniak to help the cabin owners take care of the trees. I haven't done much manual labor since moving here, and it felt good to be exhausted from working so hard!  It brought me right back to mornings on the farm, loading up wood with my sisters and grandpa.  Sadly, there was no trailer to ride in today, but nostalgic just the same.  The best part of the day was when we finished hauling the wood, there was a beautifully sunny spot in the grass where we napped.  I got a sunburn!!!!!!!!!!! It was gone the next day, but for a few short hours, I was an Alaskan with a sunburn. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment