Monday, May 1, 2017

March 25, 2017: deer spotting

I'm fully aware that this picture isn't that cool.  But, you might think it's cooler if you know that I was walking along a path when I saw it, and that this isn't even zoomed in that much. 

I know, it's still not very exciting.  But I have to admit, I never knew I was a little afraid of deer until I moved to Kodiak.  In Ludington, the deer don't let you get very close to them.  They are smart and fast.  Out here, the deer are stupid and slow, and they aren't afraid of anything.  They walk down the streets and into our yards. They don't run from cars or people.  I don't actually think I have ever seen one run.  They just walk. slowly.  Maybe get up to a slow trot, but that's all I have seen.  The other day I was walking into my driveway with Alanna, and there was a deer in our yard, eating seeds on the ground from underneath the bird feeder.  I was a little startled because it just hung out next to my car and didn't move when we got closer.  I was a little apprehensive when we walked around it toward our door, and Alanna laughed a little at me, but I reserve the right to be apprehensive around a wild animal.  And if I am silly enough to be afraid of birds, of course I am going to be a little freaked out by a deer :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment