Saturday, May 13, 2017

April 6, 2017: Airedale!

I have become my father.  I used to roll my eyes at him whenever we would see someone walking an Airedale.  He would:
1. Get this huge, goofy grin on his face
2.  Point excitedly and say "It's an Airedale!"
3.  Immediately engage in a long conversation with the dog owner about airedales.  Swap stories, laugh, compare notes.
4.  Leave feeling super tickled.

Today I did exactly that when I ran into this man and his airedale in the parking lot of Safeway.  The man was SIGNIFICANTLY less excited than I was to be talking about his dog, and I can usually pick up on those social cues and respond appropriately, but I could not stop myself from gushing about his dog today.  He'll probably blast me on the Say-What-You-Want-Kodiak facebook page later today and the whole island will think I'm a creepy nut job.  #worthit.


1 comment: