Sunday, May 28, 2017

April 15, 2017: True Alaskan hiker

Arthur continues to impress me.  I decided I wanted to climb up Old Woman today.  I haven't hiked any mountains this spring yet, but I had heard that this trail was mostly clear.  Meg mentioned to Arthur that I was going for a hike, and he asked if he could come with me.  He was able to climb up Old Woman last summer, but he was exhausted once he reached the top and always needed to be carried down in the hiking backpack.  He's too big for the pack now, so I was a little apprehensive about bringing him with me.  We figured we would try and see.  This little man hiked the entire way up the mountain (except for a tiny stretch where the snow was so deep he sunk in up to his hips) AND all the way back down.  It was hailing at the top, and he insisted we push through until we reached the flag.  He is one strong little guy.  And my new favorite hiking buddy. 







No comments:

Post a Comment